Tungaloy to Add AH3135 to the TungSix-Drill line
Iwaki, December 2017 – Tungaloy is expanding its line for TungSix-Drill, the head-changeable drill, to include grade AH3135.
TungSix-Drill is the world’s first indexable insert drill that incorporates double-sided, triangular inserts with six effective cutting edges. Unlike traditional double-sided inserts, which would generate unwanted, heavy cutting load during drilling, the TungSix-Drill insert is designed with an optimized rake angle and chipbreakers on both sides of the insert, which provide the same light cutting action as a single-sided, positive insert.
AH3135 is a high fracture resistant grade consisting of a tough carbide substrate and multiple layers of coatings designed to withstand high vibrations due to unfavorable cutting conditions ensuring long tool life.
Thanks to the insert’s increased number of cutting edges and tool life, TungSix-Drill provides the most efficient cost per insert economy in Tungaloy’s hole making line.
- At a glance:
- Drill diameters: ø0.812″ – ø2.000″ (ø20 – 54 mm), 2xD, 3xD, and 4xD
- Double-sided inserts with six fully usable cutting edges
- Identical inserts useful for both the center and the periphery
- High hole diameter accuracy thanks to the optimal insert positioning
- Robust center cutting edge thanks to the most effective geometry
- AH3135 grade for fracture resistance
- Total items to be added: 6 items