Tungaloy’s New ReamMeister head interchangeable reamer system enables high precision, high speed reaming
Iwaki, October 2019 — Tungaloy is introducing ReamMeister, an interchangeable head reamer system.
ReamMeister is a high precision, interchangeable head reaming system capable of reaming holes in an H7 diameter tolerance range.
The ReamMeister tools meet the requirements of high accuracy reaming because the head geometry’s diameter and runout accuracy is strictly controlled when being finished by precise grinding and the taper-and-face contact connection guarantees high concentricity within very close limits.
The reamer is easy-to-operate thanks to a unique connection screw that allows the head to be quickly replaced with a simple rotation of the head with a dedicated key. The head can be indexed and replaced while still mounted in the machine or arbor with virtually zero setup time.
2 styles of reamer heads are available: the versatile AS style head is suited for reaming various hole types and materials; while the BL style features left-handed flutes that push chips forward immediately after formation, making it ideal for through hole reaming. Both reaming heads are PVD coated allowing reaming applications at high speeds with prolonged tool life, which was not possible with traditional brazed or non-coated solid counterparts.
ReamMeister brings great economic benefits to customers while also boosting productivity and extending tool life with virtually zero tool setup time.
- At a Glance:
- Diameter range: ø11.5 mm – ø32.0 mm
- Length-to-diameter ratios: 1.5D, 3D, 5D, and 8D
- High precision reaming heads for H7 hole tolerance
- High indexing accuracy thanks to taper and face contact of the head and shank
- Quick and easy head replacement thanks to unique connection screw and dedicated key
- High speed reaming thanks to coated reaming heads with optimal cutting edge geometry
- 2 reaming heads are available for various hole types
- Total of 8 items to be introduced