Tungaloy to expand TungTurn-Jet to include parting-off and threading lines for Swiss lathes
Iwaki, February 2018 – Tungaloy is expanding TungTurn-Jet, a family of high-pressure, coolant-through toolholders, to include parting-off and external threading toolholders, with the DirectTung-Jet capability for high efficiency in Swiss lathe applications.
The new TungTurn-Jet toolholders include parting-off holders from the TungCut series, which is now capable of parting a diameter as large as ø32 mm, or ø1.26”, and threading holders from the TungThread series, covering a wide range of thread standards.
The DirectTung-Jet technology makes the new toolholders compatible with the latest Swiss lathe model, featuring direct coolant supply from the tool post to the cutting tool – without the need for external coolant connections and tubes. This eliminates cumbersome installation of coolant tubes, significantly shortening machine downtime. The DirectTung-Jet system toolholders are also designed for use on conventional Swiss lathes, which require a coolant tube subassembly.
- At a glance:
- Compatible with the latest Swiss lathe models, enabling a high-pressure, through-the-tool coolant supply directly from the tool post
- A simple, bolt-on design to facilitate easy tool setup – no need for installing an external coolant subassembly
- Existing TungCut inserts can be used, raising the maximum parting-off diameter to ø32 mm or ø1.26”. (For 12×12 mm square shank holders, a maximum part-off diameter is ø25 mm or ø.98”)
- 16ER threading inserts are mountable for an array of thread standards
- Total items to be added: 9 items