DeepTriDrill – the Indexable gundrill Tungaloy expands its small diameter range for DeepTriDrill
Iwaki, Fukushima, Japan / December 1st, 2016: Tungaloy Corporation further expands the industry’s leading head-exchangeable gundrill line, DeepTriDrill with options down to a diameter range of 14-15.9 mm.
Deep hole drilling is a challenging operation and often creates a bottleneck in holemaking shops around the globe. The brazed gundrill or solid twist drill are staple tools in such operations. A typical brazed gundrill has a single-point, non-coated carbide tip. Due to these properties, high parameter drilling has not been attainable. The solid twist drill is suitable/better for high feed drilling; however, curved holes and chip clogging are common setbacks with this type of tool. These traditional deep hole drills come inseparable from reconditioning and inventory management, which incur significant extra costs for every deep drilling shop.
DeepTriDrill features one insert and two guide-pads oriented in an optimized position on the drill head. This achieves tight tolerances with circularity and straightness as well as an excellent surface finish, which a brazed gundrill could traditionally attain. The insert incorporates chipsplitters on the chipbreaker geometry, which shatter chips into smaller pieces to facilitate the evacuation and reduce the cutting force, enabling a higher feed rate than traditional gundrills. The coated insert and guide-pads also allows DeepTriDrill to higher cutting speeds, which have been difficult to reach with brazed gundrills.
DeepTriDrill not only increases machining performance but also facilitates inventory management thanks to its indexable system. This small diameter range expansion complements DeepTriDrill, further enhancing its product positioning in the deep hole drilling market for high productivity and economy.
- BTA drilling technology for excellent surface finish and tight tolerances with circularity and straightness
- Allows 1.5-3 times higher feed rates than that of a brazed gundrill
- Economical three-cornered insert and double-sided guide pad
- Chipsplitters on the chipbreaker geometry for optimized chip evacuation
- Service free: no reconditioning or tool inventory management required
- Two drill body types available: MCTR for use in machining center or lathe; and TRLG for use in dedicated gundrill machine
- Total 31 items