Tungaloy to Expand Insert Nose Radius Variations for Slot Milling Cutters
Iwaki, September 2019 — Tungaloy is adding new insert radius sizes to its TungUniversalSlot and TecTangentialSlot slot milling cutter series.
Both TungUniversalSlot and TecTangentialSlot are indexable slot milling cutters with unique insert features. Traditional slot milling cutters require two different shapes of inserts in pairs, using one shape for the right corner and the other for the left, in order to complete the slot profile. Both TungUniversalSlot and TecTangentialSlot incorporate a double-sided insert, allowing one side to be used for the right-hand and the other for the left-hand. TungUniversalSlot has 6 cutting edges per insert and TecTangentialSlot 4 cutting edges per insert. These insert features contribute to significant improvement of cost-effectiveness with less tool investment and inventory management.
In addition, the insert cutting edge is designed to generate light cutting force and stable cutting even under heavy chip load. The inserts are available in grade AH3135 boasting high fracture toughness and AH120 with wear resistance for long tool life in various materials.
Due to popular demand, the new standard radii sizes include 0.4 mm, 1.0 mm, 2.0 mm, 3.0 mm, 4.0 mm, and 5.0 mm.
- At a Glance
- New inserts are available in 0.4 mm, 1.0 mm, 2.0 mm, 3.0 mm, 4.0 mm, and 5.0 mm radii sizes
- High density and excellent chip evacuation provide increased productivity for various slot milling applications
- Cost-effective double-sided inserts with multiple cutting edges, with one side for the right-hand and the other for the left-hand
- Unique cutting edge geometry with integrated wiper flat for quality surface finishing
- Available in AH3135 for high fracture toughness and AH120 for wear resistance
- Total of 37 inserts to be introduce