Tungaloy to add M-class inserts to its DoTriple-Mill series
Tungaloy Corporation is expanding its DoTriple-Mill series to include pressed-to-size inserts in Class M dimensional tolerance, to further strengthen its position in the face milling market.
DoTriple-Mill is Tungaloy’s latest facemill series, in which any set of square, octagonal, or round inserts can be fit on a single cutter body. The inserts are securely fixed to the cutter by a dovetail clamping mechanism, ensuring added insert reliability even during heavy milling. The current success of the ground-to-size G-class inserts of the DoTriple-Mill has now called for an addition of M-class insert assortments.
The SNMU insert is a square insert line that incorporates built-in wipers with 2 mm flat cutting edges, maximizing surface quality in roughing to finishing operations. The insert is designed to increase chip evacuation and machining stability, particularly in milling smearing materials like stainless steel. The octagonal ONMU insert has 16 cutting edges and is built to maximize the cost-per-insert economy, featuring an identical chipbreaker design to that of the SNMU insert. The round insert line, the RNMU, features robust cutting edges, which provides benefits in milling unstable surfaces at a large depth of cut as well as in high feed milling with a light depth of cut.
The new M-class insert line includes two new CVD grades: T3225 and T1215, in addition to the existing AH3135 and AH120 grades. T3225 is best suited for steel and stainless steel milling, whereas T1215 is ideal for high speed and high performance milling of ductile cast iron and gray cast iron.
- Features and benefits:
- One cutter body can utilize three different insert shapes
- Dovetail clamping system provides added insert clamping security on the cutter
- A wide range of grades for various materials, particularly for stainless steel milling
- Versatile facemilling cutter built for an extensive level of operations and applications, including scale removing, high feed milling, and finishing operations
- Total items to be added: 12 items